DIY Princess Birthday Party: how to make a Tiara

And today I'll show you how to create  beautiful and cheap Tiaras for a Princess Birthday Party.
As always, it took me forever to write this post as the Birthday party was last week and I was going crazy with all the DIY projects I had to complete.

No more delays! here is the tutorial:

Materials:
  • Felt. I used 3 colors: Fuscia, Pink and Purple.
  • Crown template. This I kinda did it myself. I modified the Disney Princess Tiaras so i could make them fit in the headbands. You can download the templates from Disney here
  • Beads
  • Glitter Foamy
  • Headbands
  • Scissors and Hot glue gun


























Trace the crown/ tiara shape into the felt using a pencil and then proceed to cut them.

Using the glitter foamy, I traced several shapes: hearts, flowers, diamonds, etc and I used them to embellish the crowns.


























Once you have everything cut as in the above picture, proceed with the assemble:

Wrap the felt around the headband (Picture 1) and glue it using the hot glue gun (Picture 2). At this point you can either decide to do your crowns to be used as a regular headband (Picture 3 and 6), like the original idea i found in this blog, or use it as a crown (Picture 4 and 5). I ended up doing both so you can see the difference :)
Once you glue it, cut the leftovers with scissors and add embellishments as desired! (Picture 5 and 6) Remember that a princess loves to shine so add lots of glitter :)



Tah Dah!! They turned out cute and simple and all the girls loved it. You can hand them as party favors too along with the Wands.

I'll be posting pictures of the birthday soon, so you guys can see how it turned out. Don't forget to leave comments!


Mage

Comments

Popular Posts