DIY: Princess Party Centerpieces

Hello!!

Again, it took me forever to upload this tutorial for the Princess Birthday Party that I held for my daughter back in October.


But without further delays, here are the materials you'll need:


  • Pink buckets
  • Ribbon. I used 3 colors: 2 shades of Pink and light purple.
  • Glitter foamy in pink and purple
  • Beads
  • 2 Styrofoam sheets
  • Princess prints out in adhesive paper
  • Brush #8
  • Pink acrylic paint
  • Tissue paper in assorted colors. I used yellow, pink and purple
  • Tons of glue and a Glue Gun
  • Blade/ Scissors
  • Styrofoam stars
  • Wooden skewers
  • Paper stuffing in different colors
I started by searching for Princess images with a high resolution that I could use to print. I found a couple online. Then I printed them out in a 5"x7" size in adhesive paper. Save them for later.

Now, let's assemble the buckets!


  1. Using any crown template (really: it can be any template) trace it into the glitter foamy sheets. I also used the leftovers stars that I had for the magic wands to add to the buckets.
  2. Cut a string of ribbon with the enough length to do a bow at the front of the bucket. The way I did it was by measuring the ribbon on the bucket and then cutting it.  Then I placed a dot of glue on the ribbon and place it on the bucket. Once it was dry, I used the glue gun to add glue on the ribbon and continued to stick it to the bucket using my fingers (try not to burn yourself). Once you're at the front of the bucket, tie it with a little nice ribbon and add a dot of glue to stick it to the bucket.
  3. Add the glitter stars. I used 2 per bucket.
  4. Add the glitter crown right below the bow.
  5. Add beads to the crown to embellish it. I added a big one and decided it to leave it like that, as the crown itself and the stars had enough glitter.
That's it for the buckets. Now let's continue with the Princess Shapes.




  1. As I mentioned, I looked for very good quality images of the Disney Princess and printed them out in 5"x7" adhesive paper. I cut them and used them to trace the shape of the princess into the Styrofoam sheets.
  2. Using the blade, I cut the shapes out of the Styrofoam sheets and inserted a wooden skewer in the middle. 
  3. Use the acrylic paint and the brush to paint the edges of the Styrofoam sheets in pink. Doesn't matter if you go beyond the borders, as this will be covered by the adhesive paper later.
  4. Place the shapes in the buckets and let them dry. Acrylic paint doesn't take that long, so you can let it sit for about 15 - 20 mins. To stabilize the buckets, I added a few pieces of decorative rocks (you can find them at any craft store). Then I used the leftovers of the Styrofoam sheets to cover the rocks. Again, doesn't matter if this doesn't look neat, as you will cover it later.

  5. Once the paint is dry, proceed to remove the paper from the adhesive print outs and carefully paste them in the Styrofoam sheets. I also have to note here that I printed out the images twice in a 180 degree angle to mirror it. This way you will be able to see the same image from both sides.
  6. I used part of the leftover Styrofoam to shape stars and I then painted with acrylic paint as well. If you don't have time for this, you can always buy them at any craft store. Use the paper stuffing to cover the Styrofoam inside the bucket.
  7. Insert the Princess figure in the center of the bucket and make sure is steady.
  8. Using a tutorial and the tissue paper, create colorful pom poms. Glue them a wooden skewer and add them to the centerpiece.

Voila! here you have the finished centerpieces:



I totally forgot to take pictures of the others Princess! but if you pay close attention to the last picture, in the far right side you have the Centerpiece with Sleeping Beauty :)

They were very cheap and easy to assemble and the guess loved them!

If you have any questions about the process don't hesitate to leave comments!!




Comments

Popular Posts