DIY Minnie Mouse Party Ideas Part 1: Favor Boxes

Hi!

As promised, here is another tutorial for some other DIY project i had for my daughter's Minnie Mouse Party: The Favor Boxes.




They are so simple to make. I found a couple of beautiful ideas on the internet, but I didn't have enough time or the budget. 1 week before the birthday party, while cutting black foamy for the Minnie Mouse Ears, I thought about this and started planning for it.

Without any more talking, or actually writing lol, here you have the tutorial:

Materials
  • 25 red boxes. I chose the ones without any theme on it, they were just plain red.
  • White Foam Sheet. I used 1 big sheet 13" x 20"
  • Black Foam. I used the left over from the Minnie Mouse Ears
  • Red Minnie Bows
  • Hot glue gun and glue
  • Circle tracer
  1. Firs step is to trace small circles in both the white and black foam. I did 25 favor boxes which were divided in 17 girls and 8 boys. Make enough circles to put 3-4 circles per box.
The boxes come disassembled, so the harder part of this project is actually the boxes assembly. I assembled all boxes first, and then started to glue the dots on it.


    2.  Glue the dots to the front of the box. Let it dry



    3. Attach the Red Bows to the girl's boxes. The boy's boxes only have black dots as this is the Mickey look.



    Tah Dah!! Very simple, cheap and they look original. I'll be posting the Centerpieces and some pics of the party soon.

    Hope you like the post and don't forget to leave comments!!

    Comments

    Anonymous said…
    :D Thanks!

    Popular Posts