New DIY: Girl Baby Shower Invitations!

Hey there! Im back with some new DIYs :)

So, Im pregnant! Yaiiii! Im currently 37 weeks and waiting for the big day to arrive. Sorry I havent been posting a lot but I'll do my best to come post new things I've done and keep you guys updated.

This post is about the Baby Shower invitations I made for my baby shower. I didnt have a specific theme but I actually felt in love with a specfic color combination and from there planned not only the invites but the decor and everything else.

These are the materials I used:

  • 1/4"Ribbon -  different colors/ designs
  • Light Pink/ Purple (lilac) glitter foamy (1 plank of each)
  • Cardstock to print the invitations
  • Beads/ Pearls
  • Hot Glue
  • You can find the template for the Dress here.


I separated the template in 2 because I didnt want my invitations to close-open as a regular one, but this is optional.  Using the top part, I traced it on the glitter foamy and proceeded to cut. Then I did all the litle bows using the ribbon.

This is a very simple project and you will find that the hardest part was to cut all the foamy or the invitations in cardstock. Since I dont have a cricut machine, I went to a local printshop, and had them print the amount of invites I needed into 11"x17" cardstock. The fonts I used for the wording on the invite were the following and you can find them free in any Font website:

  • DJB Angel Baby for the It's a Girl title.
  • Janda Elegant Handwriting for the body of the invite.
  • MTF Itty Bitty Baby for the cute signs  at the bottom.

Once you have cut everything, start the assembly:



And this is the outcome!



 I dont know if you can distinguish the different tones of pink/ lilac I used because I took this one with the flash on, ups!!

Hope you liked them! and if you are going to try, please upload pictures to see how yours turned out :)

Feel free to leave comments or ask any questions.







Comments

Popular Posts