DIY: Decorating an old Swimsuit

And Im back! :D

Sorry for the long time, I've been involved in so many things lately that kept away from the blog. But promise I'll come back with some new projects I have.

This post is about how to redecorate an old swimsuit that you might not use anymore but you still doubting if getting rid of it or not.

In my case, I had a nice but plain black swimsuit and started thinking in a way of making it look different. So i found some sequins and other accessories and this idea popped in my mind!

These are the materials:

  • A swimsuit
  • Sequins
  • Accessories like flowers, ribbon, starts or anything you might want to use and that can be either glued or sew to the swimsuit
  • Needle and thread, same color as the swimsuit

Materials


Start by thinking in the pattern or design you want to create on the swimsuit. Once you have the idea, start placing the sequins in place using needle and thread. I used purple and pink!! (Love these colors)



I placed one of the flowers to make it look like a blossom. Add more accessories or sequins as desire. Make sure not to overload it, as sequins might shine too much for a sunny day at the beach :D



And tah dah! This is the final look. I used it recently and my friends didn't notice it was the old swimsuit I had ;)

As I mentioned, if you want to add more details, you free to do so but in my case I just wanted to change the plain look of the black swimsuit.

Thanks for visiting and don't forget to leave comments!!




Comments

Popular Posts